Introduction of Quran
As a Sunnah of Allah Almighty, He bestowed upon almost every Prophet of Him with some kind of miracles, in order to convince the people to believe in the message, that has been given by the Prophet. For instance, Allah Almighty created a camel out of a rock as a miracle of Hazrat Salih peace be upon him. The stick of Hazrat Musa would turn into a snake by which he defeated the magicians, and Jesus Christ was given the miracle of healing the diseases that are not curable. Likewise, Allah Almighty gave a number of miracles to the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. The greatest miracle of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is Quran. There is, however, a significant difference between the miracle of ancient Prophets and the Quran. For, the former ceased to exist after the demise of those Prophets but the latter will last till the end of this world. “You can understand Quran with online Quran teacher from Quranforkids. In order to explain the uniqueness of the Holy Quran and elaborate the Quran as a miracle in the light of Islam, in the following some light will be thrown on the Qur’an’s unique features and miracles of Quran.
The Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran
There are a great number of scientific miracles in the Holy Quran. These are deemed to be miracles in the Quran because the thing given by Quran back in 1450 years ago could not be known to the people. Online, Quran Learning is also a miracle. Quran gave knowledge of those things, and later scientific research discovered that. A number of such scientific miracles of the Quran are being explained below:
- The invisible light: At the time of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, people believed that light is the only one which can be seen by a human being. It was the Quran that very first time informed that there is a light that is invisible, and a human being cannot see that. Quran in the Surah al-Hāqqah verses 38 and 39 says: “I swear by the thing you see, and you don’t see”. Later, scientists discovered that there are a number of lights that are invisible. The lights that are invisible include inter alia, X-ray radiation, infrared radiation, and radio waves.
- Big Bang: Another scientific miracle of the Quran is the theory of the big bang. Quran says in Surah al-Anbiā’ verse 30 that: “the skies and the Earth were mashed together and then We ripped them apart”. This was out of the imagination of the people when the Quran was being revealed to the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. Later, scientific research discovered the big bang theory that is quite similar to what has been described by the Quran.
The miracles in the Holy Quran are divided into different categories. These multiple divisions of the miracles in the Quran are explained below:
- Physical and non-Physical miracles: the miracles in the Quran are of two types. Some miracles are physical in the sense that these miracles could be grasped by the senses of a human being. One example of such miracles is the journey of the Holy Prophet peace be upon him from the Earth to the heaven that has been explained in Surah al-Isra. Other miracles are the ones that are out of the scope of the senses. An example of such a miracle is the Balaghah in the Holy Quran. The linguistic quality of the Quran is a miracle of the Quran.
- Miracles related to time and space: Another division of the miracles of Quran is related to the possibility of limitation of a miracle in time and space. For instance, some miracles were limited to a certain period of time and place, while others are timeless. The example of the former is inshiqaq al-Qamar, or the coldness of fire for the Prophet Ibrahim peace be upon him. The example of later is the Quran itself as it is a miracle that is timeless.
The uniqueness of the Holy Quran
There are a number of characteristics of Quran that make it unique from all other books. Some of these features are as follows:
- The language: The high quality of the Arabic language in Quran is regarded to be the miracle of Quran. It is this high quality of language in the Quran that Allah Almighty gave an open challenge to the Arabs who were best known for their linguistic skills to produce a single verse similar to Quran.
- The subject matter of Quran is very waste and comprehensive. It covers the existence right from the beginning to the end. It provides the details about Allah, the Creator of the universe, and His attributes. In human life, Quran gives guidance to every matter of human life.
- Quran did not come at once. It was revealed as a part of a reformative movement in which portions of the Quran would come according to the needs of the time. Other divine books had been sent down at once.
- Quran provides guidance for the entire humankind and that too for all the ages. Its message is not limited to a certain period in history or to a certain place or group of people. Instead, the message of Quran is universal and for all humankind.